LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR BUDDING BALLERINAS THIS SUMMER?
This summer the iconic children’s TV character Angelina Ballerina is being given the 3D treatment for the very first time, and to celebrate Sky is inviting budding ballerinas to special free tea parties with Angelina and English National Ballet, of which Sky Arts are Season Sponsor.
Children will be invited to be the first to watch an Angelina Ballerina 3D performance created exclusively for Sky 3D. The short film is set in Angelina’s dance school, hosted by her teacher and sees Angelina Ballerina and her friends perform a range of ballet routines and dances including a ‘hip hop’ interpretation of ballet and a Celtic-inspired sequence.
Following the exclusive 3D screening, the children will then be able to take part in an easy to follow 3D ballet master class with Angelina Ballerina that has been choreographed by the country’s top professional dancers from English National Ballet. The class will finish with a mini-performance for watching parents, before a tea party is laid out for everyone to enjoy.
What: An Angelina Ballerina family-friendly tea party and 3D ballet dance class, hosted by Sky 3D and facilitated by English National Ballet
Where: The ballet master classes will take place on consecutive days during the first week of the summer holidays commencing Monday July 25 2011. Events will take place in London, Bristol and Manchester
Cost: The Angelina Ballerina 3D tea party is free of charge and open to the general public.* Spaces are limited, for more information and to apply for tickets visit the Sky website.
*An age restriction of six years and over applies for all children taking part.
The events will be held in at the start of the school summer holidays in the following cities:
- London, Shoreditch Town Hall: Monday July 25th 2-4pm
- Bristol, The Watershed: Wednesday 27th July 2-4pm
- Manchester, Bridgewater Hall: Friday 29th July 11-1pm
About Sky 3D
Sky launched Sky 3D, Europe’s first domestic 3D channel to millions of Sky homes on Friday 1 October 2010 with an exciting line-up of movies, live sport and further shows spanning entertainment and the arts. All Sky+HD viewers with a 3D TV are able to receive Sky 3D, as no set-top box upgrade is required. At no extra charge, customers who subscribe to Sky’s top channel and HD pack can receive access to a wide range of 3D movies, entertainment and sports. Sky 3D is now available in more than 1500 pubs and clubs across the UK and Ireland following the world’s first commercial launch in April 2010. Over a million sports fans have already marvelled at a range of sports broadcast live in 3D since the channel’s launch. Sports covered to date include football, rugby union, cricket, rugby league and darts. Sky 3D is compatible with all of the 3D TVs being introduced by Sony, Samsung, LG and Panasonic and works with both ‘active’ and ‘passive’ 3D formats.
About Sky Arts partnership with the English National Ballet
Sky Arts is Season Sponsor of English National Ballet. Sky have sponsored the company for over 7 years and as part of this ongoing sponsorship we help fund
- Schools – In 2010 Sky Arts and English National Ballet got over 483 students moving across 18 schools in dance workshops alongside English National Ballet’s Spring and Autumn tours.
- Programming – For the launch of Sky’s 3D channel, Sky Arts created a dance film called Dance Dance Dance to celebrate the renewed popularity of dance across the UK and which features two dances by English National Ballet; the Black Swan pas de deux from Swan Lake and the neo-classical Men Y Men created especially for the Company’s National Tour.
- Ticket offer – In March 2011, we created a bespoke ticket offer, giving 300 members of the public the chance to see English National Ballet’s scintillating production of Black and White, for only £5. That’s top price tickets which would usually cost £50.