If you haven’t yet bought your tickets for Royal Ballet guest principal Carlos Acosta’s new ballet show, more details have been announced. The show runs at the London Coliseum from Wednesday 28th July – Saturday 7th August 2010. There are only 8 performances and tickets are available from £10.
These performances are likely to be his most ambitious and revealing to date. Premieres will see Carlos perform five works for the first time and on the largest stage in London.
The show includes :
– a new commission by Danza Contemporanea de Cuba’s George Cespedes
– a Carlos debut in Russell Maliphant’s Two (which was made famous by Sylvie Guillem) and is now reworked for Carlos
– Zenaida Yanowsky will dance with Carlos in a work by Edwaard Liang
– a new work choreographed by Carlos featuring a musical commission by Cuban violinist Omar Puente
– a new mixed media collaboration with Ahh and the Pegasus Choir; this will be Carlos’s physically most revealing piece
– Zenaida Yanowsky dancing Kim Brandstrup’s Footnote to Ashton
You can also call the box office on 0871 911 0200