Pirouette into Spring with NO7′s Ballet Beauty Collection
SUGAR AND SPICE AND LASHINGS OF BLACK EYELINER
The 60s graced the catwalks for spring 2013, awash with sophisticated elegance and understated beauty, soft pinks, refined nudes and a touch of black edginess.
From tomorrow, you can get the No7 Ballerina Beauty Limited Edition Spring range exclusively at Boots stores nationwide.
Inspired by the grace and femininity of ballet, No7 with inspirational insight from Lisa Eldridge, the No7 Creative Director has developed a spring look using on trend colours and textures to keep your look updated this season.
To achieve the season’s look, No7 and Lisa Eldridge have created No7’s Limited Edition ‘Ballerina Beauty’ Collection which includes the specially designed limited edition No7 Ballerina Beauty Blush Palette and a new nail hue in Tip Toes from the No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour range.
The wider No7 Spring Collection includes No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream, No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadows in Innocence and Wheatsheaf, No7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Liner, No7 False Lashes ‘Lash 60 Extravagant Lash’, No7 Extreme Length Extend Mascara , No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Waterlily, No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Get Wed and So Simple.
“This look is all about feminine glamour, I just love how the dewy complexion, paired with subtle lips, contrasts against the classic 60s fluttering lashes. The Ballerina Beauty Blush Palette contains the prettiest washes of pink to give your skin a fresh, rosy glow and the new shimmering nude nail polish will catch the spring light as you pirouette into spring. ” Lisa Eldridge, No7 Creative Director.
Step 1: THE PERFECT BASE
This look is about achieving a light dewy and natural base to reveal your outer beauty this spring. Achieve skin perfection, with No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream, £13.50. The unique 4-in-1 formula evens and enhances skin tone, disguises imperfections, while the nutrient-enriched formula will help to banish blemishes.
• Apply five dots to the forehead, nose, both cheeks and chin
• Then gently pat and blend into the skin using your fingertips
Step 2: IT’S ALL IN THE EYES
The key is to keep your eyelids looking as natural as possible and the No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadows in Innocence and Wheatsheaf, £7.00 each will allow you to add a subtle hint of colour.
• Take your eyeshadow brush and use Innocence as a highlighter and sweep all over the lid from the lash to the brow
• Apply Wheatsheaf onto the upper lid from lash line to the crease of your eye
Step 3: ADD SOME DEFINITION
Now it’s time to create a difference and add contrast to this perfectly pretty look, with a subtle eyeliner flick.
• Using No7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Liner, £8.00 apply close to the eyelash roots
• Start at the centre of the lash line and draw outwards. Don’t worry if it does not initially look straight, you can fill it in later
• Now for the flick, look straight ahead and draw a line upwards
- To finish, fill the line in to the inner corner of your eye to ensure a perfectly defined eye
Step 4: TIME FOR A FLUTTER
Finish off statement eyes with a set of No7 False Lashes ‘Lash 60 Extravagant Lash’, £7.50 to achieve ultimate lash fullness whilst applying two coats of No7 Extreme Length Mascara Extend, £12.95 to your bottom lashes. Applying false lashes can be tricky, but here are my top tips:
• Make sure your eyes are complete before applying
• Place along the lash line to check the fit and trim if necessary
• Apply a full line of glue along the false lash strip
• Wait 30 seconds for it to become tacky and look into the mirror & carefully place the false lashes close to the lash line
• Once in place, gently press down on the lashes, holding either end of the lash strip
Step 5: COMPLEXION PERFECTION
Supplement your dewy, polished skin with lightly flushed cheeks using the pretty No7 Ballerina Beauty Blusher Palette, £12. The dainty palette resembles a tutu and has four feminine pink pressed shades showcased in a chic pewter compact.
- Simply use a blusher brush and swirl into the blusher
- Tap any excess off and look into the mirror and smile. This helps you find where the “apple” of your cheek is. Then simply sweep a subtle dusting of the blusher over your cheek bones
Step 6: LOVELY LIPS
Now it’s time to perfect your luscious lips with on trend pretty pink and nude hues.
- Add a touch of dusty pink to your lips this spring with No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Waterlily, £9.50
• For the ultimate nude lip, dab on a small amount of the lightest shade of No7 Perfect Blend Trio Concelaer, £9.50 onto your lips and then apply a clear moisturising gloss like No7 High Shine Lip Gloss in Whisper, £8.50
Step7: TIP TOP
Finish of this effortlessly stylish spring look with the final touches to your fingertips. Have some fun with No7 Limited Edition Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Tip Toes, £5.50 a new sophisticated shade that will catch the soft light and allow your nails to dance into spring.
For a less sparkly look choose No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Get Wed, £5.50 or for the barely there look, No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in So Simple, £5.50. Both will look fabulous and complement this spring look.
The wider No7 Spring Collection is available in store now. The No7 Ballerina Beauty Limited Edition Spring range available exclusively in Boots from 23 January – 19 March 2013, while stocks last.