Tag Archives: Gerald Scarfe

Agony & Ecstasy : A Year With English National Ballet – The Nutcracker diaries

March 20, 2011


dancer practices high lift

The last episode of Agony & Ecstasy : A Year With English National Ballet airs this Tuesday on BBC Four at 9pm.  This week the film focuses on preparations for The Nutcracker, their 10th production. 75% of this version was created by Artistic Director Wayne Eagling for the Dutch National Ballet, with the remaining 25% to be […]

Continue reading...

Ballet NEWS exclusive | Behind the scenes at English National Ballet as they rehearse Romeo & Juliet

January 9, 2011


dancers rehearsing

On-stage the ballet dancers you see have, if everything goes according to plan, perfected the art of concealment.  That is, hiding from you, the audience, the effort needed to make ballet look beautiful and, well, effortless. Especially when it comes to wearing pointe shoes. That effort begins and is perfected in the rehearsal studio.  At English National Ballet, the […]

Continue reading...